Thursday, November 01, 2007

Last day at work

"It’s been a pleasure working with you," I shook hands with my (now former) employer. "The pleasure is mine," he quickly responded.

November 1, 2007. Late afternoon; a cold day after the rain fell. It was my last day working for an IT consulting company in Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta. I left my job for another offer.

It’s been a tough month nevertheless. The days since I sent my resignation letter was exhausting. We hadn’t found a replacement, so I had to transfer knowledge to my boss, who’s not really a technical guy.

Numerous presentation sessions, screen recordings, online documentations and diagram drawings, everything non-stop from day one. That explains why I was absent from Java User Group and hardly touched my blog. Finally a new guy came in, from Surabaya, and I trained two guys tandem.

"You broke my heart," said my boss when I told him my resignation, one month before my leaving. It was a hard decision, but I had to. Sorry boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for my geek side?